Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering for the 4th Annual Rev. Arthur T. Jones Legacy Memorial 5K Walk/Run and Community Health Fair! Volunteers are the backbone of our event. We could not have a successful event without you.
Here is some basic information about volunteering for the Legacy 5K:
- Volunteers are needed to help plan the event, organize the event, and run the event the day of the 5K. You choose.
- All volunteers will be required to register for the event on or before April 1st.
- Volunteers are asked to donate $10 for our Scholarship Fund (after all, this is a fundraiser!!).
- All volunteers must be willing and able to attend the volunteer SERVE meeting, April 21st at 9am in Building #1.
- Neighborhood Canvassing Team (25 volunteers needed)
Visit the event neighborhood on April 28th to invite the community to the event. Training and materials will be provided at the April 21st SERVE meeting.
- Event Organizing Team (10 volunteers needed)
Assist at the Church on May 3rd and/or 4th to prep event materials (participant items, bibs, vendor table items, giveaways, etc.)
Day of Event Teams
- Registration Team (10 volunteers needed)
Provide in-person event registration assistance on the day of the event (including vendor and participant check-in, late registration, and assisting with other administrative needs)
- Set-up & Parking Team (12 men needed)
Monitor the parking lot, unload supplies from BBFC vehicles, ensure Health Fair is set up and vendor supplies are placed, and grill the event foods (hot dogs, hamburgers, etc.)
- Event Logistics Team (14 volunteers needed)
Mark the event course, volunteer along the course route for water and participant direction, communicate issues/concerns to event staff
- Finish Line/Scoring Team (4 volunteers needed)
Work with our chip scoring vendor (RTF) to assist as needed are properly categorized and recorded and winners determined, assist with the distribution of awards
- Event Clean-up Team (8 men needed)
Assist BBFC staff in gathering and packing all event materials and supplies and help load items into BBFC vehicles.
Ready to sign up as a volunteer?
Click HERE to visit our Registration Page
(click "Register" and select "Event Volunteer")
Specific volunteer assignments will be determined at the SERVE Volunteer Training Saturday, April 21st.