A Place to Belong
"A Place to Belong" is a Community Adult and Youth Worship Outreach and Picnic Event, aimed at bringing the Church to the University Area community. Sunday, October 29th, Bible-Based Fellowship will close its doors on Ehrlich Road and travel to the grounds of the University Area Community Development Center for a morning service and afternoon fun day. Service begins at 10:30am.
In order for the event to be a success, volunteers are needed in various capacities. These volunteers will work alongside our BBFC Ushers, Greeters, Event Planners, First Friends, Outreach Team, and Staff in ensuring the day runs smoothly and that our community guests feel welcome.
Volunteer Teams and Needs:
Before the Event
- Neighborhood Canvassing Team (9:00am – 11:00am October 7th and October 21st)
Prior to the event, we will canvass the University Area community on two separate occasions. The purpose of the canvassing is to alert the community of our coming on October 29th. Canvassing team members will be equipped with flyers for the event and will focus on highly concentrated areas (as opposed to going door to door), such as Wal-Mart, gas stations, beauty supply stores, food locations. Teams will meet at the Venue to receive instructions.
- Food and Supply Prep Team (report to BBFC Building #1 at 12pm October 28th)
The day before the event, a large team is needed to gather and prep and pack (if applicable) all materials for the event. Items to be prepped are:
- Food (hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, corn) and drinks for the event. (NOTE: baked beans will need to be cooked).
- Ministry Items (per checklists from Healthcare, Missions, First Friends, Ushers, Hospitality, Food Pantry, and Chosen Generation). Items will be prepped and packed in conjunction with members of each of these teams. Volunteers will serve as additional hands as needed.
- Giveaway items: bottled water (labels must be placed), programs (will need to be folded and packed), fans (need to be put together), goodie bags, and items for the children.
- Facilities items, such as tables, small tents, signage, grills, and other items. This team will work in conjunction with our BBFC Facilities staff.
- General Event Items, such as clipboards and pens, among other items, per the checklist from the event liaison.
The Day of the Event
- Set Up Team (meet at BBFC at 7:30am)
This team will work in conjunction with our BBFC Facilities team and our Hospitality (Events) team to set up the event venue. The main items to be set up are chairs (approx. 800), tables, tents, grills, food station items, signage, and miscellaneous set up items. This team should be mostly men, but some women are needed.
- Culinary Team (meet at BBFC at 7:30am)
This team is responsible primarily for grilling hotdogs, hamburgers and corn on the cob for the event. Further, this team will assist the Event Servers in setting up the food service areas.
- Event Servers (meet at BBFC at 7:30am)
These volunteers will work in conjunction with Hospitality to set up food area and serve food and drinks at the food and drink stations. These volunteers will also assist in handing out fans and with giveaway items.
- Evangelism Team (meet at BBFC at 7:30am)
These volunteers will work in conjunction with Missions and Food Pantry to facilitate any needs among the guests. They might assist with handing out tracts, with food distribution, or with guiding individuals to Prayer or Counseling team members for onsite prayer or counseling. Further, these individuals will take information from guests for possible follow up by the Follow Up team or small groups. Finally, this team will support First Friends in the event that there is an overwhelming number of people who come to the altar to join BBFC. These team members will be equipped with information on our BBFC Small Groups, upcoming community groups, and upcoming BBFC initiatives (i.e., Build Hope for the Holidays).
- Break Down Team (report at 12:45pm at the venue volunteer area)
This team will work in conjunction with our BBFC Facilities team and our Hospitality (Events) team to break down the event venue. The main items to be broken down are chairs (approx. 800), tables, tents, grills, food station items, signage, and miscellaneous items. This team will also pack items in the designated vehicles and may need to assist in unpacking items at BBFC at 2pm. This team should be mostly men, but some women are needed.
After the Event
- Follow Up Team (report to BBFC Wednesday, November 1st at 6pm)
This team will take information which was gathered by the Evangelism team and follow up with those individuals/families via phone call and/or email. November 1st at 6pm, information and procedures for following up will be shared with this team.